Wednesday, September 24, 2008

When you know you watch too much tv....

I think our tv has been working overtime the last few weeks.
I don't mind my son watching some of the shows that are on (thank goodness he's not asking for Sponge Bob anymore) but I think I'm not monitoring his time as well as I probably should. Last week when he got a scrape on his elbow and we put a band-aid on it he didn't stop singing the "I am stuck on Band-aid brand" song for days until his elbow had scabbed over and there was no need for a bandage.
Then tonight he decided he would bless our supper by himself. We were having alphabet soup (like a certain talking dog character on tv eats) and he blessed the soup that it would give us letters and sentences. Sadly, he can also tell you all about master bathrooms, vaulted ceilings, and about updated kitchens as well. I don't know if that's from the tv shows that I personally like to watch or if it's just from seeing a lot of houses in our quest to buy one.
Either way, though, it's probably time to return the tv to its main responsibility........holding down the video cabinet.

4 comments:

CAF said...

Hey! SpongeBob is the best! (So is that talking dog show.)

Brooke said...

Scary stuff. :)

bonnie jack said...

what a cute kid. :) sorry i accidentally called you today. i like to talk to you too...

Lauren said...

We have been gone for all week and I am really looking forward to sitting my children down in front of the TV. Although I didn't miss Connor's insistance that we buy things off of the info-mercials this week.